Abaut guitar forum

Welcome to our forum about guitars, ukulels and other fashionable string instruments. We invite you to read and comment. With us you will learn how to start learning the game, how to choose your ukulele or guitar and much more interesting information.

Why do I need to register at all?

It is possible that you do not have to. It is up to the site administrator to register whether to write messages. However, registration allows access to additional features not available to guests, such as your own avatar, sending private messages and e-mails to other users, the ability to assign user groups, etc. Registration takes only a moment, so it is recommended to do it.

What is COPPA?

COPPA, an abbreviation of the Child Online Privacy and Protection Act, which has been in force in the US since 1998, imposes on website owners who potentially can collect information from minors – under 13 years of age – the obligation to have written consent from parents or legal guardians collecting private information from people under 13. If you’re not sure if this applies to you as someone trying to sign up for a particular website – contact a lawyer for an explanation. phpBB Limited and the owners of this site do not provide legal assistance except in the case described in the question “Who do I contact about abuses or legal issues related to this site?” and are not a point of contact for any type of legal advice.

Why can not I register?

The site owner may have turned off the registration function so that new people will not register. The site owner could also block your IP address or forbid the username you are trying to register. For help, please contact the site administrator.

Registration has been carried out correctly, but I can not log in!
First of all, check your username and password. If they are correct, then one of two reasons has occurred. The first of these can be the COPPA function enabled, and at the time of registration was given that you are less than 13 years old. Then follow the instructions sent to your e-mail address. If this was not the case, the registration may not have been activated. Some websites require the registration person or the administrator to activate registration before first logging in. Information about this was displayed during registration. If an e-mail has been sent to you, follow the instructions contained in it. If this message did not reach you, you may have entered the wrong email address or the message has been stopped by the spam filter. If the email address you are surely entered is correct, try contacting the administrator.

Why can not I log in?

There may be several reasons. First of all, check if your username and password are correct. If they are correct, contact the website owner and ask if you have been blocked. There is also a possibility that the problem is caused by incorrect configuration of the site where the forum is located. Contact the site owner and let them know about this problem. He must fix it.

Registration was made some time ago, but now I can not log in ?!
It is possible that for some reason the administrator has deactivated or deleted your account. Many sites, to reduce the size of the database, cyclically remove users who have not written anything for a long time. If this happens, try to register again and be a more active and involved user in the discussion.

I forgot my password

Keep Calm! Although your password can not be recovered, it can be reset easily. Go to the login page and click the “I forgot my password” link. Follow the instructions and you will probably be able to log in again soon.

Why is there an automatic logout?

If you do not check the Remember me function during logging in, the website will keep the information that your stay on this site will only last for a time specified by the administrator. This prevents someone from misusing your account. To remain logged in / logged in, select Log me in automatically when logging in. This is not recommended if you use a website from a publicly accessible computer, such as a library, an internet cafe, a computer room at a school or college etc. If you do not see this function, the administrator has turned it off.